image RSS Icon
  • Finance   >
  • Customer Service Center
corPrinterIcon Email page link

Customer Service Center

The Customer Service Center is responsible for City utility billing, as well as collecting various revenues, including taxes, liquor license and general business license fees, special assessments, and utility payments.

Utility Billing

Utility Billing is responsible for the billing of water and sanitation pick up.  This includes generating water bills, addressing customer account inquiries, and posting payments to customer accounts.



Handling over 450,000 transactions each year, employees collect payments for water and refuse service, liquor licenses, business licenses, taxes, special assessments, and building permits.  Payments can be made via mail or in person at City Hall, where credit cards are accepted (Visa, Master Card, or Discover).  The City is also an authorized collection agent for ComEd payments and processes these payments according to ComEd's regulations.


Liquor Licenses & General Business Licenses

Liquor licenses are handled through the Legal Department.  General business license information can be found here.


Parking Permits & Fines

Parking permits and fines are managed by ABM Parking Services.


Alarm Permits & False Alarm Fines

Alarm permits and false alarm fines are managed by PMAM.  An alarm permit is required of all monitored alarm systems within the City.  If you exceed the number of false alarms allowed by the City False Alarm Ordinance, you may be required to pay a false alarm fine.


Permits | Report a Problem | Employment | Contact Us

Special thanks to Jason Rotello and Tamika Jones for contributing images for the City of Rockford website.